Welcome to the Equesrian Dueling Acadamy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dr.Emuler Microsoft Windows XP Validation Toolkit V3.exe
How You Got Into The Show EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:03 am by quopembr

» 9.s?n?f Esen 3 Renk Yay?nlar? Cozumleri Geometri
How You Got Into The Show EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:38 am by quopembr

» New Key Hustler-tv 2013 Star Sat Sirius
How You Got Into The Show EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:19 pm by quopembr

» I can teach how to play the Nordic decks
How You Got Into The Show EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:27 am by flyingcow

» New Brony Website by Me
How You Got Into The Show EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:28 pm by Scootaloo

» Let's all post our schedules here
How You Got Into The Show EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:27 pm by Scootaloo

» this site is the dead. seriously. no mods come on here it looks like,
How You Got Into The Show EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:27 pm by Scootaloo

» So... How's it going?
How You Got Into The Show EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 pm by WingedKuriboh

» Homework help for the younger duelists
How You Got Into The Show EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 pm by Scootaloo

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 63 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:37 am
Poll

Do you like the updates to the site?

How You Got Into The Show Vote_lcap36%How You Got Into The Show Vote_rcap 36% [ 4 ]
How You Got Into The Show Vote_lcap0%How You Got Into The Show Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
How You Got Into The Show Vote_lcap9%How You Got Into The Show Vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
How You Got Into The Show Vote_lcap27%How You Got Into The Show Vote_rcap 27% [ 3 ]
How You Got Into The Show Vote_lcap9%How You Got Into The Show Vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
How You Got Into The Show Vote_lcap18%How You Got Into The Show Vote_rcap 18% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

How You Got Into The Show

5 posters

Go down

How You Got Into The Show Empty How You Got Into The Show

Post by Kimo Force Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm sure most of us got into the show via a very very strange method, one you never predicted would occur. You probably never saw it coming, and now here you are: a full-time brony. So how did it start?

For my case, I hated My Little Pony. The three previous generations were just outright hideous. I wouldn't dare watch anything like that. This year's March, quite a lot of pony-related art started popping up on deviantArt, which referred to the new My Little Pony show. That's when I learned about the show. At that time, I was watching the Iron colt anime by Madhouse, since the other Marvel Madhouse anime weren't out yet (I was so looking forward to X-Men and Blade) but quickly got bored of it. I read about this new generation since I was curious on why it caught on so fast, among both males and females. I read that the show was much more different than the previous versions, well-written, and had a great sense of humor. What really got me interested were the memes, and that the same director of Fauster's Home and the Powerpuff Girls, two shows I adored when I was younger, was the same director for this show (Sadly, she's not working on Season 2). I even went to the show's wiki just to read some more, and that's when Pinkie Pie grew on me as my favorite pony (till I finished the first season, when both Rarity and Fluttershy took her place). By April, I watched the first episode, and was like "meh, it's alright." I kept on watching, and eventually, the show got better.

So how did you bronies start out?

Last edited by Kimo Force on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Kimo Force
Kimo Force

Tolerance : 40
Love : 0

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/

Back to top Go down

How You Got Into The Show Empty Re: How You Got Into The Show

Post by NubaKM Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:29 pm

I spend a lot of time on memebase and neighbor sites and pony memes were popping up a lot so I wanted to find out hwy they were so popular and 10 episodes later i was hooked.
NubaKM
NubaKM

Tolerance : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Bob Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:28 pm

A network I moderate got swarmed by bronies, naturally I was annoyed. But it piqued my curiosity. I gave it a try, and couldn't make it through the intro to the first episode.

A few months later, a friend of mine revealed his pony obsession to me. I listened and got interested again. I managed to tough out the pilot and enjoyed Ticket Master a bit.

Then came Applebuck Season...

The slapstick made me nostalgia. Hard. I couldn't deny it any longer, I liked My Little Pony. I spent the rest of my week watching season one, only to find out that season 2 hadn't even been announced yet. I needed more pony, so my friend told me about EquestriaDaily. From there I discovered FIMfiction and ponychan.

Ponies now occupy almost all of my free time.
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob

Tolerance : 99
Love : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Spark Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:28 am

A friend of mine on youtube kept faving pmv's. I watched one, and became interested. When I learned the director of this show was the very same individual who had done fosters and power puff girls (two shows I adored when I was younger), and when I learned the show was animated in flash, I gave it a try and haven't looked back since. I think it was around the time 'Over A Barrel' had launched.
Pixel Spark
Pixel Spark

Tolerance : 117
Love : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by WingedKuriboh Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:10 pm

I was just cruising the web, when my sister came into my room, dragged me downstairs, and made me watch for First Episode. Nuff said.
WingedKuriboh
WingedKuriboh

Tolerance : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum