Welcome to the Equesrian Dueling Acadamy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dr.Emuler Microsoft Windows XP Validation Toolkit V3.exe
Equestrain Duel Academy.  EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:03 am by quopembr

» 9.s?n?f Esen 3 Renk Yay?nlar? Cozumleri Geometri
Equestrain Duel Academy.  EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:38 am by quopembr

» New Key Hustler-tv 2013 Star Sat Sirius
Equestrain Duel Academy.  EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:19 pm by quopembr

» I can teach how to play the Nordic decks
Equestrain Duel Academy.  EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:27 am by flyingcow

» New Brony Website by Me
Equestrain Duel Academy.  EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:28 pm by Scootaloo

» Let's all post our schedules here
Equestrain Duel Academy.  EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:27 pm by Scootaloo

» this site is the dead. seriously. no mods come on here it looks like,
Equestrain Duel Academy.  EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:27 pm by Scootaloo

» So... How's it going?
Equestrain Duel Academy.  EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 pm by WingedKuriboh

» Homework help for the younger duelists
Equestrain Duel Academy.  EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 pm by Scootaloo

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 63 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:37 am
Poll

Do you like the updates to the site?

Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_lcap36%Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_rcap 36% [ 4 ]
Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_lcap0%Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_lcap9%Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_lcap27%Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_rcap 27% [ 3 ]
Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_lcap9%Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_lcap18%Equestrain Duel Academy.  Vote_rcap 18% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Equestrain Duel Academy.

+7
Scootaloo
Dr. Bob
NubaKM
JackToYoFace
Pixel Spark
VinylScratch
Hayatecooper
11 posters

Go down

Equestrain Duel Academy.  Empty Equestrain Duel Academy.

Post by Hayatecooper Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Ok, welcome to the RP(which, hopefully Scoots will run cause I have no idea how to do it on a mutliperson lvl)

Setting: Duel Academy in Canterlot. That's right, you have the whole academy and Canterlot as your playground.

Background: When dueling was first introduced into Equestria, no one through much of it. But as games do it spread widely through the schools, many children ending up with related cutiemarks.

Seeing this, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna called for the Elements of Harmony who, when understanding the problem, saw it as a good way of creating unity in Pony Kind. Each Element set up there own dorm, taking in those they felt suited them best. And as they introduced the first lot of students, they all wondered how this would going to really turn out.

Ok, Set out ponies as shown below. Add anything you feel you're character needs. Earth/Pegasus Ponies duel using a modified Duel disk, so don't stress too much about that. Limiting one deck per person cause otherwise people take all the good decks. You can swap decks, if the story demands it. But not being Bastion. Also, have fun with it.

Name: Hayatecooper

Species: Unicorn

Cutie Mark: A deck bound with several chains.

Deck: Steelswarm

Dorm room: Applejack Orange

Personality: Hayate is both perverted and antagonistic, loving to create Drama for Drama sake when bored. Most of the time however he is polite and honestly wants to help, and always on the lookout for something to keep his interest.

Background: A simple pony from Stalliongrade, his parents bought him his first deck of cards when he was six and he's never looked back. Throughout the numerous years he finally saved up enough bits to travel to Canterlot and attend the entrance exams.

Last edited by Hayatecooper on Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper

Tolerance : 98
Love : 0

Back to top Go down

Equestrain Duel Academy.  Empty Re: Equestrain Duel Academy.

Post by VinylScratch Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:42 am

Name: Fortune Starr

Species: Earth Pony

Cutie Mark: Red Circle with a Yellow Star inside of it

Deck: Fortune Ladies

Dorm room: Rainbow Blue

Personality: A fun loving mare that absolutely loves dueling. She'll pester any one of her friends for a duel until they submit and take their deck out. She doesn't care whether she wins or loses, her main goal is to have fun.

Background: East Hoofington, born and raised, in the school yard she spent most of her days. Duelin', Tradin' and Maxin' all her -shot-.
She was born in Hoofington and was influenced by one of her friends to eventually pick up the game around age 8. She came across the Fortune Ladies and stuck with that deck ever since.

--------

Name: Vinyl Scratch

Cutie Mark: Backwards double eighth note

Deck: Vennominaga

Dorm room: Rainbow Blue

Personality: The Competitive and "in your face" duelist that every group has. She loves huge monsters that are hard to summon, but when you do, you pretty much win. Her favorite being Vennominaga. However, she won't use Shooting Quasar Dragon, as she feels it's too easy to summon.

Background: She was born in Ponyville, but moved to Hoofington at an early age. There, she met Fortune Starr and convinced her to take up the game with her. They've been best friends ever since, and she uses her income from being a DJ to fund their games.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Yes, I'm RPing two ponies.
VinylScratch
VinylScratch

Tolerance : 9

https://facebook.com/QindarkaDesu or facebook.com/TourGuidefromth

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Spark Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:30 pm

Name: Pixel Spark

Cutie mark: A computer monitor that is crackling electricity, and has a question mark in the center of the display. A large multicolored brush stroke is in the background.

Deck: Chaos T.G. Drain

Dorm: Twilight Purple

Personality: A shy pony who isn't very open to those he is unfamiliar with, but is never quick to judge anypony. He is very open to those he considers to be his best friends, however. He is always looking for an opponent to duel against, and NEVER backs down when called out.

Background: A simple resident from Manehattan. He is always unsure which way his life will take him. He is very creative, and a very quick thinker, but he can never seem to make up his mind. After picking up a deck, he discovered that he was very good at dueling, and has enlisted in the academy to see if maybe Duel Monsters is where he can express his true creative side!

Favorite card: Skill drain, because it is always enjoying to see if an individual can figure out a creative solution to defeat the opponent while they are blocked from their usual path to victory.
Pixel Spark
Pixel Spark

Tolerance : 117
Love : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by JackToYoFace Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:22 am

Name: Jack

Species: Earth Pony

Cutie mark: A shield with a Psi symbol on it.

Deck: Agents! (if i'm gonna be stuck with a deck, might as well be one that i like because of its theme, rather then how it plays. the fact that it plays like a baws is a whole different subject which i don't care for.)

Dorm: Rarity White

Personality: a very active, social, and friendly pony who liked to help out where he can. he is bold! he is daring! he is not all that smart though... :/
but what he lacks in intelligence, he makes up for in wisdom! (those are sooooooooo different things. dnd says so.) his silly, and will sometimes make silly jokes that he might be the only one to understand. one very important part of him, is that he likes to listen to other ponies problems and help out if he can, he gives off this sort of aura around him, that makes everypony he talks to, feel safe and at ease.

Background:
Jack came from canterlot. while walking with his friends he came across a shop selling some cards. him and his friends bought one pack each and played with that. he immediately knew that he wanted to get better at this game. it didn't take long for him to become better then his friends, but he knew that out there there were people who were even better then him! and after making his first real deck, he set out for new duelists, eventually becoming better and better until finally ending up in the prestigious rank of rarity white, here in the dueling academy.
Jack wishes to be a psychologist one day. he thinks he is rather good at it without any official learning.

fav card: honest.
JackToYoFace
JackToYoFace

Tolerance : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by NubaKM Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:53 pm

I have a question, is it going to be like the yugioh tv show were the cards turn out to actually have spirits which can talk to the duelist, because that will seriously affect what my character is going to be.
NubaKM
NubaKM

Tolerance : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by JackToYoFace Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:47 pm

i would personally dislike that.

no offense to fans of the show, but that was just stupid, if you ask me.
JackToYoFace
JackToYoFace

Back to top Go down

Post by NubaKM Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 pm

I have no strong opinion either way to that idea, but I just want to know as I will make 2 completely different characters depending on the answer.
NubaKM
NubaKM

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Bob Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:16 am

Name: The Doc
Mark: Syringe filled with green liquid
Personality: Smart, random, jack of all trades. Doesn't care much about anything, and sees the beauty in most things. Fairly lazy at times, but very reliable in a tight spot. Quiet and reserved.
Decks: Gem-Knights, Gishki, Genex, Dark Ritual, Dark World, Aliens, Worms and Volcanic. (What can I say, I'm indecisive)
Dorm: Pinkie Pink
Background: Doesn't like to talk about it, especially his family.

Last edited by Dr. Bob on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob

Tolerance : 99
Love : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootaloo Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:12 am

Name: Scootaloo
Species: Whatever she wants Thanks to her mom Trixie. ( Born a Pegasus )
Cutie Mark: None
Personality: Shy yet wild Filly, Enjoys her seat of power over all the mares and stallions in her dorm.
Deck: Ice Barrier
Dorm: Headmaster Of Twilight Purple.
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Wonderbolt
Wonderbolt

Tolerance : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayatecooper Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 am

NubaKM wrote:I have a question, is it going to be like the yugioh tv show were the cards turn out to actually have spirits which can talk to the duelist, because that will seriously affect what my character is going to be.

OH bugger it.. I honestly didn't think that far ahead.. I guess not? Cause that would mean putting Duel Spirits in character creation and frankly I'm lazy. Also.. Duel Spirits make everything hard cause we have those who could see them and those who can't.

So, I'm going to say no. I still have no idea how this is going to work in the long run so any suggestions on that would be nice.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper

Back to top Go down

Post by NubaKM Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Name: nuba

Species: earth pony, with a yellow body and flame red mane and tail.

Cutie Mark: dino skull

Deck: jurrac (could I also use evol if no one minds)

Dorm room: rainbowdash blue

Personality: he has somewhat of an ego but is fully aware of it and tries to hide it to avoid irritating people. while fully capable of coming up with complex strategies he prefers getting things done the straight forward approach and this si also true for his dueling, using raw and relentless power to overwhelm his foe. This also makes him a very blunt pony.

Background: nuba loves finding out about the world before ponies and all the creatures that used to roam the earth in many ways he sometimes thinks of these creatures as superior to ponies. he wants to help find out more about these creatures when he grows up but spends all his spare time playing yu-gi-oh, and as he has a lot of spare time he has gotten pretty good at it.
NubaKM
NubaKM

Back to top Go down

Post by JackToYoFace Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:49 pm

@nuba: a while back i wouldn't have minded you using evol's as well, but they have become a very powerful deck on their own, so using both would leave someone else without a very viable deck option.
JackToYoFace
JackToYoFace

Back to top Go down

Post by NubaKM Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:39 pm

so when is this rp starting?
NubaKM
NubaKM

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Name: Godfrey
Species: Pegasus
Decks: Synchro moon, Ultimate Chaos, and Formula Monarch
Appearance: Tan skin with pure white colored mane and tail.
Cutie Mark: An opened book.
Personality: A quiet pegasus who respects his opponent in a duel. He does not get too cocky and always think before playing a combo. He spend his time mostly reading books in his spare time when he's not dueling, the genre he mostly likes to read is poetry and short stories (Mostly Edgar Allen Poe's poetry).
Dorm: Rarity White.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves

Tolerance : 48

Back to top Go down

Equestrain Duel Academy.  Empty When is the Rp starting?

Post by Hayatecooper Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:14 pm

When is it starting. moon, why not now?
Ok, so everyone has taken there entrance exam and have of course arrived at Duel Academy.

Everyone is awaiting in the Assembly Hall, a wide spacious building with bare empty white walls and a large stage at the front, a podium stuck squarely in the middle with four chairs either side. Princess Celestia herself is standing at the podium, while Applejack, Rarity, Twilight and Pinkie Pie are sitting to her left. Luna, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are sitting to her right, an empty seat is next to Luna.

"Good Morning Students, and welcome to the first year of Duel academy," Celesta begins her speech, informing each student that they must attend classes as prescribed and of course can spend free time in Canterlot if they desire.

After a few other speeches from the other staff, the students are told to mingle among themselves for a while, the teachers then get together and start having a hurried whispered conversation.

Hayate: Walks to the nearest corner, stops and looks bored.

(How did I do?)

Last edited by Hayatecooper on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper

Back to top Go down

Equestrain Duel Academy.  Empty 11111111111111

Post by flameman226 Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:18 pm

name: blaze

species: pegasus

personality: very evil thinking always wanting too destroy whoever get's in his way. never cares what everyone thinks and doesn't duel 4 fun he duels 4 defeating the opponent.
but also at odd times is the complete opposite

cutie mark: skull with angel wings beside it.

deck: twilight
flameman226
flameman226

Tolerance : 144
Love : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootaloo Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:22 am

Hayatecooper wrote:
(How did I do?)

Good Now lets see where this goes I will overview it.
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Wonderbolt
Wonderbolt

Tolerance : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by NubaKM Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:24 am

instead of starting to mingle nuba took out a notepad and a pencil form a bag and started tootling jurracs and other dinosaur type yugioh monsters, while these drawing were mediocre at best nuba fund it fun to draw them.
NubaKM
NubaKM

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueflame08 Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:31 am

name: Flameseeker

species: Earth Pony

appearance: Red pony with a black mane that falls straight. Usually wears a black hooded jacket.

personality: Flameseeker is very aloof and usually ignores other ponies. He is very knowledgeable about dueling and can usually be seen making a new deck or looking at new cards. He also likes to sleep in wide open spaces.

cutie mark: a moon with flaming wings

Background: Flameseeker was born in Trottingham, where he was raised by his unicorn mother and pegasus father. Why he had neither a horn nor wings stunned them both. He spent his childhood frolicking around the neighborhood, learning all he could about anything. Needless to say, he was very knowledgeable and went through kindergarten with little problems. One day, on the playground, he watched two ponies dueling and immediately wanted to start. On his way home, he bought a pack of cards from the local card shop and opened it. Among the commons, he noticed he had received a ghost rare Blackwinged Dragon. He bought a starter deck, and that night, he poured himself into reading and studying the rulebook. Flameseeker began collecting blackwing cards and mixed them with lightsworns to encourage fast and easy vayu summons while setting up for chaos sorcerors. As soon as he heard of the dueling academy that Princess Celestia and the Elements of Harmony had set up, he begged his parents to send him away to school. They agreed, but on the condition he was to do his absolute best and send them monthly letters.

dorm: N/A

deck: Blackwing Chaos

favorite card: Blackwing Vayu, Emblem of Honor

Flameseeker glanced around at all the other ponies after hearing the speech. He trotted over to a nearby pillar and sat down, silently watching a pony doodling. He looked over to a corner and saw a pony looking bored. Flameseeker stood up on all fours and walked over towards him.

"So, which dorm are you staying in?" He asked the pony.
Trueflame08
Trueflame08

Tolerance : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayatecooper Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:21 am

(holy crap.. you know what I forgot? Gender. I.. I.. I'm sorry for being a failure.. I'll do better honestly! But please specify Gender as soon as you can, again. I'm sorry.)

Hayate looks up at the approach of the new arrival.

"Which ever dorm you're not I hope' I mean honestly don't you have something better to do? I was happy being alone thanks all the same." Hayate starts to scan the crowed.

"So, we have this loser, and artist, some nice looking fillies" Turns his head up to the stage, watching the teachers. "And some nice looking mares as well. This year should be fun."
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Bob Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:11 am

A white unicorn stallion watched this conversation from beneath a tree at the back of the crowd. Believing that he'd taken enough mental notes on the other freshmen, he returned to his book. He stopped reading when he saw the shadow covering the pages.
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob

Tolerance : 99
Love : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakikanoi Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:15 am

Name: Zakikanoi Zikishua

Species: Pegasus

Cutie Mark: A pair of playing cards (the ace of hearts and the jack of diamonds)

Deck: Gem-Knights

Dorm room: Pinkie Pie Pink

Personality: Slightly deranged, he only really understands things that are 'fun' and things that are 'not fun', he dislikes people who take life seriously, and instead prefers to make a game of everything.

Background: From a small cloud near Trottingham, Zaki never really fit in with a lot of the other Pegasus ponies, they all wanted to be the fastest, or the best. Zaki found a deck that a pony carelessly dropped, and took it for himself. Eventually he learned how to play the game, and loved it. He loved how fun it could be and eventually got his cutie mark in playing card games of various sorts. He heard about an academy entirely around playing card games, and set off at once. He was quickly placed into Pinkie Pie Pink after about the eighth time during his school test he said "I'm only doing this for fun, not because I want to beat others or bully people with monsters or nothin'." And has been happily settled in the Pink dorm since.

Zakikanoi

Tolerance : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueflame08 Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:59 am

Flameseeker shook his head in disapproval. He turned away from the rude pony, obviously he had much better things to do than talk to jerks. He stuck his hoof into his pocket and looked over his deck, checking if everything was all accounted for. Flameseeker often did this when he was nervous or trying to look busy. He shuffled it after he was finished, and stuck it back into its box. He then stuck it back into his coat pocket and clomped away, eyeing some of the unicorn fillies. He swished his tail and waited for everything to start, hoping it wouldnt take too long.
Trueflame08
Trueflame08

Tolerance : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Godfrey is busy sitting on a bench after the announcement, reading a poetry book. He feels little excitement of being in the academy, well atleast he made it to the white dorm. He sighed, puts the book in his book bag, and decided to go socialize with the other students in the academy. If possible.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves

Tolerance : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down