Welcome to the Equesrian Dueling Acadamy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dr.Emuler Microsoft Windows XP Validation Toolkit V3.exe
How about this... EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:03 am by quopembr

» 9.s?n?f Esen 3 Renk Yay?nlar? Cozumleri Geometri
How about this... EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:38 am by quopembr

» New Key Hustler-tv 2013 Star Sat Sirius
How about this... EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:19 pm by quopembr

» I can teach how to play the Nordic decks
How about this... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:27 am by flyingcow

» New Brony Website by Me
How about this... EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:28 pm by Scootaloo

» Let's all post our schedules here
How about this... EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:27 pm by Scootaloo

» this site is the dead. seriously. no mods come on here it looks like,
How about this... EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:27 pm by Scootaloo

» So... How's it going?
How about this... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 pm by WingedKuriboh

» Homework help for the younger duelists
How about this... EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 pm by Scootaloo

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 63 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:37 am
Poll

Do you like the updates to the site?

How about this... Vote_lcap36%How about this... Vote_rcap 36% [ 4 ]
How about this... Vote_lcap0%How about this... Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
How about this... Vote_lcap9%How about this... Vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
How about this... Vote_lcap27%How about this... Vote_rcap 27% [ 3 ]
How about this... Vote_lcap9%How about this... Vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
How about this... Vote_lcap18%How about this... Vote_rcap 18% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

How about this...

4 posters

Go down

How about this... Empty How about this...

Post by mattattack347 Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:45 am

• You guys make several themes for the website for people who find seeing ponys all the time a little annoying.
  • You guys make a window for dueling network and on a side window have a duel chat for people who want to find good people to duel instead of using the dueling network chat because everypony is talking about how better they are than everypony else all the time on that chat and such.
  • A better ranking system... I think It some of it is stupid... example ( having 40 cards in a deck.) I have had 60 cards in a deck any never lost with it! (yet.) It should however include if cards in your deck are banned/limited. Just pointing it out only noobs go to banned cards!
  • Last but not least a more integrated website design... your banner was so large i didn't notice the buttons beneath I had to ask the recruiter how do I sign up...

Oh and if you are wondering yes I have coding experience...
Thank you for listening.
mattattack347
mattattack347

Tolerance : 35
Love : 0

http://Many... when I get bored I make another one... XD

Back to top Go down

How about this... Empty Re: How about this...

Post by mattattack347 Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:47 am

And 1 more thing stop it from changing every body to everypony.
mattattack347
mattattack347

Tolerance : 35

http://Many... when I get bored I make another one... XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Celestia Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:42 am

requests are one thing, demands are another. coming to a my little pony dueling academy and not expecting my little pony? isnt that a tad strange? we are not looking for coders, why ever would we make non pony themes for a pony site, and the ranking system is close to par for the course....without stealing from other academies types.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Webmaster
Webmaster

Tolerance : 45
Love : 3

https://equestrianacademy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimo Force Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Well, duh! It is a pony forum. What did you expect, Batman? -Shot-
As for your second request, it's a good point, but for the wrong reasons. The reason would be a more efficient chat box that you could use without having to keep the front page open all the time, and with less glitches and more options.
As for the ranking system, it's up to the staff to decide, even if it doesn't suit you. And when you say "60-card deck", I assume you're using a Magical Merchant Mill deck, otherwise, I don't know of any other legit deck that uses sixty cards, but that's beyond the point. Now the reason why decks with more than forty cards are bad is usually because of terrible deck flow. You will usually get bad draws most of the time, and your pulls won't be that promising. However, if one manages to build a well-developed engine for the deck, and dead draws are rare, I don't think the no "more than 40 card" rule should count in such cases. Although I do agree with you that testing could sort of use some development, it's not my place to decide.
Now for the website design, I'll have to agree. I don't mind the pony theme, but it's quite simple. It would still be possible to fix the widgets, the background colors, the styles, and whatnot, while still sticking to the pony theme. The banner you see up there is for the holidays I guess. The buttons at the top need to be centered, and a select few images might have to be used, but if you use a custom theme, it should supply you with some. Also, coding won't help much unless we're going into some of the deep designs the ordinary forum functions can't handle, like giving topics and image, changing the background without dealing with the forum provider's glitched uploader, etc.
Don't worry about the censor; you'll get used to it eventually.
Just so you know, Princess, there is no such thing as stealing a forum's testing style; you just work on what suits you best. Some forums like testing systems with very long ranges for accurate (yet much more difficult) testing, others with short ones just to minimize any counting errors and to keep track of stuff with ease. It depends. Some staff are serious about testing, others are, well, just feel like getting it done as soon as possible. Also, usually, the three aspects most testing systems focus on are "card knowledge" (good choices for cards and monsters in the Extra deck), "deck efficiency"(how the decks the testee uses flow with ease and give few dead draws), and "ruling knowledge" (usually with the least amount of points where a single ruling mistake would cross out one point, or if a situation was not handled as it should have been through abusing the rules). If you want to add some more, it's up to you, but these are the main three that will usually give the best results for testers and testees alike.
Kimo Force
Kimo Force

Tolerance : 40

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Celestia Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:00 pm

you are quite wise kimo, i wish i was on when you were so we could talk. Smile
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Webmaster
Webmaster

Tolerance : 45
Love : 3

https://equestrianacademy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Spark Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:42 pm

mattattack347 wrote:And 1 more thing stop it from changing every body to everypony.

It also changes mon ey to bits.
Pixel Spark
Pixel Spark

Tolerance : 117
Love : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum